Last year I decided I would commit myself to trail running on a consistent basis. I’m usually pretty bad at sticking to my resolutions, but trail running did seem to stick and is something I now enjoy. I have my friend Brad to thank for dragging me out to my first trail race in Sept 08.
As the year progressed so did my results:
- Angel Island (8k) – 6/20/09 – 47th Place
- Santa Cruz Mtns. (10k) – 9/27/09 – 56th Place
- Skyline Ridge (14k) – 10/04/09 – 36th Place
- Santa Monica Mtns. (9k) – 11/22/09 – 28th Place
For 2010 I plan to race the mid distance runs ~17-24k.
Also for 2010, I plan to cook more! As a passive fan of smittenkitchen.com I finally made something from their wonderful website – home made tomato sauce with onion and butter. It came out pretty damm good.
I bookmarked a few more things to try out:
- fried chicken
- chicken pot pie
- chicken tacos
- beef empanadas
- meatballs and spaghetti
- fresh pasta + basic tomato sauce
- matzo ball soup
- arroz con pollo
- really simple homemade pizza
- miniature soft pretzels
- meatball sliders
- spanakopita triangles
- potato pancakes
- crisp rosemary flatbread
- cheese straws
- baked chicken meatballs
And the master list.